The Oregon Fire Service Museum Collection
The following are vehicles that part of the Oregon Fire Service Museum collection. This is only a partial list of the motorized collection. These vehicles are in various states of operation and restoration and we are dependent on donations and volunteer labor to complete these projects.
The steamer is a 1900 American first size and was Engine 2 in Portland. It was motorized in 1914 with an ALF tractor and is on permanent loan from Gary Foligo in Florence, OR. This piece is on display in the lobby of the Chemeketa Community College campus.
1935 Chevy Darley pumper. This pumper originally served with the Beaverton Fire Department.
1936 American LaFrance City Service Ladder Truck. This unit originally served the Corvallis Fire Department and was in service until 1979. After that it was kept for several years for parades and community events.
1950 Kenworth – Howard Cooper pumper. This pumper originally served the Oregon City Fire Department. After it was retired it served as fire protection for the paper mill on the Willamette River in Oregon City.
1938 Ford pumper which served the Gaston rural fire district. It was originally a wood delivery truck. This was the second fire apparatus that was built by the Western States Fire Apparatus.
1958 American LaFrance 800 Series 85 foot aerial ladder truck. This unit served Corvallis Fire Department. It was in front line service until 1977 and then went into reserve status and was eventually retired in 1989. Plans were to put it into a city park as playground equipment. With all the ADA regulations it was not going to be feasible as playground equipment. After sitting in the public works yard for some time it was donated to the Oregon Fire Service Museum and became the museum’s first piece of functioning rolling stock.
A 1957 GMC – FMC pumper. This unit served with the Monitor Rural Fire District.
A 1944 Seagrave 85 foot aerial ladder truck. This unit was purchased new by the Centralia Washington Fire Department. It then went to Clatskanie Oregon Fire Department. After it was retired it was purchased privately by Jeff Dahl. After his passing, his family donated the truck to the Oregon Fire Service Museum. With help of museum volunteers, the Seagrave dealership in Washington, and donated paint from Industrial Finishes in Eugene, this truck was restored in 2005.